Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
At the deck level, it is a 1" SS thruhull. The piece of teak you see on the inside pic is a backing block that gave me just the right amount of threads above deck to tighten the lock nut and not have a lot of bare threads exposed. I cut the hole in the deck with a hole saw the next size bigger than required and then filled the hole with thickened epoxy. It cured for a few days and I redrilled in the center of the filled hole with the smaller hole saw, leaving a hole through the deck that completely isolated the deck core and laminate from the outside world. I coated the filling with polysulfide and installed.
The mast fitting is a 7/8" SS 45 degree pulpit base. A hole was drilled in the mast and then I rotated the base to find the best angle for the wire lead. Then I drilled and tapped the fastener holes in the mast for machine screws I cut to length such that when fully tightened, there was little to no thread protruding inside the mast. The base and screws were coated in Tef-Gel and mounted. The hose between the two fittings is white 1-1/8" saniation hose.